The ACM SIGKDD ANZ chapter is organising various types of KDD related conferences, workshops, seminars, short courses, and summer/winter schools to unite the best researchers and to improve the research excellence of the KDD domain in ANZ regions. It will also organize lecture series and short courses for graduate students and industrial practitioners to learn about KDD and to discover the potential of KDD in solving practical problems and making real-world impact.
- The Chapter organises an annual big data event: Big Data Summit in Sydney.
- The Chapter is one of the sponsors of the two international conferences:
- International Conference on Data Sciences and Advanced Analytics,
- International Conference on Behavioral, Economic, Socio-cultural Computing.
- The Chapter will invite some of ACM’s over seventy Distinguished Speakers to give talks through the Distinguished Speakers Program: http://dsp.acm.org.
- Our Seminar Series presents the latest theoretical advancements and empirical experience in a broad range of interdisciplinary and business-oriented analytics fields.
- The chapter provides industrial training and short courses on data mining and data analytics, benefiting a broad spectrum of disciplines including Computational Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Business, Finance, Marketing, Biomedicine and Healthcare.