Following the successes of the 10 Challenging Problems in Data Mining Research at ICDM’05 and the Top 10 Algorithms in Data Mining at ICDM '06 and as part of the 10 year celebration of IEEE’s International Conference on Data Mining series (ICDM), the Top-10 Data Mining Case Studies panel at ICDM’10 will present the top 10 data mining case studies submissions by ten of the top data miners in the field.
Gabor Melli (co-chair), Xindong Wu (co-chair), Paul Beinat, Longbing Cao, Rong Duan, Christos Faloutsos, Rayid Ghani, Bart Goethals, Geoff McLachlan, Brendan Kitts, Jian Pei and Ashok Srivasta.
Date and Time
Date: Friday, December 17th
Time: 14:30 to 16:00
- Zhiling Lan, Ziming Zheng, Jiexing Gu, Susan Coghlan, and Rajeev Thakur, Analyzing System Logs for Online Failure Prediction on Supercomputers
- Su Yan, Stephen Boyer, Ying Chen, Alfredo Alba, Thomas D. Griffin, W. Scott Spangler, Ana Lelescu, and Jeffrey T. Kreulen, Chemical and Biological Entity Extraction Techniques for Scientific Literature
- Brendan Kitts, Jingying Zhang, Gang Wu, et al, Click Fraud Attack Detection at Massive Scale over 5 Years at Microsoft
- Ashok Srivastava, and Irving Statler, Discovery of Precursors to Aviation Safety Incidents with Data Mining
- Walter C P Magalhaes Junior, and Marilde Terezinha Prado Santos, Enhancing the Chemical Safety of Agricultural Products
- Wei Fan, Kun Zhang, and Xiaojing Yuan, Forecasting Skewed Biased Stochastic Ozone Days: analyses, solutions and beyond
- Hillol Kargupta, Kakali Sarkar, Michael Gilligan, Parag Namjoshi, Sai Subhash Paruchuru, Thiraphat Pongsudhiraks, and Robert Gilligan MineFleet, A Distributed Vehicle Performance Data Stream Mining System
- Balaji Krishnapuram, and R. Bharat Rao, Mining Medical Images
- Longbing cao, Hans M Bohlscheid, Yanchang Zhao, Huaifeng zhang, Peter newbigin, Brett Clark, Yuming Ou, Jinjiu Li, Yong Yang, Chengqi Zhang, and Yanshan Xiao, Social Security Data Mining for Public Services
- Bert Little, Michael Schucking, and the CAE Research Center Team, US Department of Agriculture Risk Management Agency's crop insurance program